The 2010 election for the NENC Board of Directors was held on March 2, 2010. Following is the official tally for NENC as posted on the City Clerk’s NC Election website on March 3, 2010 (elected candidates shown in boldface):
|At-Large Representatives (vote for 2)|
|NESTOR M. FANTINI||26|
|ALICE N. MCCAIN||32|
|STEVEN M. RAMIREZ (WRITE-IN)||10|
|Business Owner/Employee Representatives (vote for 2)|
|BARRY M. GREENBERG||38|
|YEPREM P. DAVOODIAN (WRITE-IN)||9|
|Property Owner Representatives (vote for 3)|
|SUDHIR “STEVE” PATEL||45|
|LUCILLE R. MEEHAN||34|
|Residents and Either Property Owner, Renter, Business Owner/Employee (vote for 3)|
|DON L. DWIGGINS||35|
|YEHUDA J. DRAIMAN||42|
|PETER C. MCCARTY||38|
|Either Property Owner, Renter, or Business Owner/Employee Representatives (vote for 2)|
|KELLY M. LORD||44|
The official City Clerk timeline for the post-election process is as follows (the events in this timeline are described in detail in the Election Procedures document):
- Deadline to complete Final Canvass: Thursday, March 11.
- Deadline to submit Recount and Challenges: Thursday, March 18. (Any stakeholder who voted in the election may request a recount or submit a challenge up to this date. If none are submitted, the results will be final at this time.)
- Deadline to finish Recount: Thursday, March 25.
- Deadline to issue Recount (Final Election Report): Monday, April 19
- Deadline to submit all Challenge Recommendations to the Challenge Review Panel: Monday, April 19
- Deadline for the Challenge Review Panel to issue verdict to the City Clerk: Wednesday, April 28
- Deadline for the City Clerk to issue Final Challenge Report: Friday, May 7
If no recount requests or challenges are submitted by Thursday, March 25, these results will stand.
The new NENC board will be seated during the first regular meeting after the certified final results are announced. If there are no recount requests nor challenges, this will occur during the regular April meeting Also, at that time, the Board will take up the matter of appointing Board members to fill seats for which no candidate was elected. There are two such seats: one in the Property Owner category, and one in the Either Property Owner, Renter, or Business Owner/Employee category.
Watch this space for further developments!